The Parish of St Edmund’s and St Mark’s Wootton IOW regards safeguarding children and Vulnerable Adults and good working practice as a priority.
In the interests of the safety and well-being of all children and young people and vulnerable adults, St Edmund’s and St Mark’s has, in conjunction with Portsmouth Diocese Safeguarding Team developed and operates a Safeguarding and Protection Policy for both Children and Vulnerable Adults.
The Church and Plurality is committed to ensuring that everyone working with children, young people, and vulnerable adults:
- has undergone a criminal records bureau (DBS) check at enhanced level.
- is adequately trained and supervised.
- understands and follows the Church’s Protection/Safeguarding Policy.
- As part of our commitment to children and young people and vulnerable adults it has appointed HILARY BALDWIN (07769 588 644) as Child and Vulnerable Adults protection/Safeguarding Officer.
- All people involved in activities within the Church know who they are and how they can be contacted.
- Should the Church have any child protection concerns it will seek the advice of the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser and if appropriate contact the statutory authorities.
- exercise care in the appointment of those working with children, young people and vulnerable adults in the Church, working to ‘The Parish Safeguard Handbook’ principles.
- be committed to following statutory, denominational (if relevant) and specialist guidelines.
- seek support for all those affected by abuse.
- be committed to supporting and resourcing those who work with children and young people and provide regular supervision.
- review both the Child and Vulnerable Adults protection and Safeguarding policies annually and amend accordingly.
Visit the Diocesan safeguarding page for details of who to contact in case of any safeguarding issues.